Ingredients You Will Need To Make This Chicken Breast Recipe
Grilled Chicken Breast in Rosemary Marinade
- Oil: we used olive oil, but you may also use any other oil like grapeseed oil or avocado oil.
- Red wine vinegar: if you dont have this on hand, use white distilled vinegar.
- Lemon juice: use fresh lemon juice if possible
- Garlic: it is best if you use fresh garlic, but if you must, you may use garlic powder.
- Seasnonings: dried oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper, and dried basil
- Chicken: we used boneless skinless chicken breasts, but you may also use skinless and bonelss thighs.
- Dried parsley: used to garnish.
- Lemon wedges: to garnish if you like so squeeze some fresh lemons over the final grilled chicken.
Read Also: How Much Are Grills At Home Depot
The Best Chicken Marinade Recipe
When we were newly married, we lived near Dean’s brother, his wife, and two kids. We were living in an apartment, going to college full-time, and working crazy hours to pay the bills. We were poor little college students and would love when Deron and Sarah would invite us over for dinner. Their go-to meal was grilled chicken in a delish marinade. They knew how much we loved it so we ate it almost every time we had dinner at their home.
So I had to ask her what was in this amazing chicken marinade recipe. It is beyond simple! I decided to tweak it and add a few more flavors to make it extra tangy and zesty.
This Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe is made with extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.You have such a variety of seasonings in this marinade.
The extra virgin olive oil keeps the chicken extra moist and juicy. The fresh lemon juice and balsamic vinegar break down the fibers in the chicken to make it tender. The soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce give it a salty depth of flavor. The brown sugar adds some rich sweetness and gives the chicken a nice crust when grilled. All of the ingredients work together in such harmony to make the perfect chicken marinade!
How To Oven Baking
No grill, no problem. Preheat the oven to 400° convection or 425° conventional. Place them in a shallow baking dish. That is all there is to it.
Cooking time is dependent on the thickness and size of the chicken. With an average size chicken breast and a 400° oven, about 25-30 minutes is a good estimate. The only real answer is to cook until 165° internal temperatureso check a little early.
Recommended Reading: Roasting Time For Chicken Per Pound
Can I Make Ahead Of Time
- whisk the marinade together in an airtight container up to 5 days ahead of time and store in the refrigerator WITHOUT the chicken.
- Chicken: cooked balsamic chicken makes fantastic meal prep or leftovers if not initially overcooked. If you are making the chicken specifically to reheat later then consider slightly under-cooking it because it will cook a little more when reheated.
Dont Miss: How To Make Potatoes On The Grill
Best Grilled Chicken Breast
This is the BEST grilled chicken breast recipe! The chicken breasts are marinated in an easy to make wet rub using pantry staple spices then grilled until juicy and crazy delicious. With a few tips, learn how to grill chicken breast so it is juicy and delicious every time.
Lets give it up for easy and delicious grilled chicken breast recipes! This one is our all-time favorites and the one we make all summer long. The chicken breasts are flavorful and always juicy.
This recipe is really simple and the perfect recipe to keep in your back pocket for when you need to get dinner on the table quickly or you just dont feel like thinking about what to make for dinner. The answer is always these grilled chicken breasts. After you make them once, youll make them again and again.
Serve these with some grilled veggies and a big salad for a quick and delicious dinner.
Also Check: How To Cook Stuffed Chicken Breast
Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Marinade
My Grilled Chicken Breast Marinade is an easy sauce recipe highlighting simple ingredients and coming together in just under 10 minutes! Learn how to make the most delicious marinade for grilled chicken, perfect for summertime. This is the best grilled chicken marinade for salads, flatbreads, sandwiches, and crispy lettuce wraps!
How Long Should You Marinate Chicken
I recommend marinating chicken for at least an hour and no more than 8 hours. Most marinades include an acidic ingredient like the lemon juice in this Grilled Chicken Marinade. Whether it is citrus juice, vinegar, or yogurt, these acidic ingredients work wonders to break down the fibers and help tenderize marinated chicken, but youll end up with a mushy, undesirable texture if it marinates too long.
Also Check: Chicks In The Office Tour
Thai Satay Chicken With Peanut Sauce
A satay coconut marinade infuses the chicken with flavour before cooking on the BBQ then served with the most UNBELIEVABLE Thai Peanut Sauce! Skewering is optional, the peanut sauce is not. This is a fairly new recipe thats quickly become a firm favourite among readers!
Ingredients: coconut milk, red curry paste, peanut butter, curry powder, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar
Ideal for: Boneless chicken thighs , bone in thighs
Make this marinade! »
Grilled Chicken Breast: The Solution
How to Make Grilled Marinated Chicken Breasts | Allrecipes.com
One method is to marinate chicken cutlets, or chicken breasts pounded to an even thickness, and quickly grill them on high heat. We use this method for our cilantro lime chicken and it works fine.
Another way, which doesnt require you to change the shape of the chicken breasts, is to brine the chicken first.
Don’t Miss: How Long To Roast Chicken At 350
The Best Chicken Marinade
The best Chicken Marinade ever! This marinade produces so much flavor and keeps the chicken incredibly moist and outrageously delicious! This easy chicken marinade recipe is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. Great for grilling and baking!
Grilling tonight? Make sure to try my steak marinade and grilled potatoes too!
To Cook Chicken On The Stove
Read Also: How Long Should I Grill Chicken
Recommended Reading: Where Is The Closest Popeyes Chicken
What Is A Chicken Marinade
A chicken marinade is a combination of herbs, spices, oil, and other flavor add-ins that you use to flavor chicken with. Think of it like a sauce that infuses flavor into your meat.
Well, what about a chicken dry rub or chicken seasoning? Dry rubs typically flavor the outside of your meat, but a marinade is going to flavor the entire cut of chicken. Sometimes, we like to use a combination of both!
How To Make Grilled Chicken Marinade:
- Mix together Marinade Ingredients Stir together all the ingredients except for the chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Pour marinade over chicken Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag or a bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Prepare Grill Then preheat the grill to medium heat about 350 degrees. Gently brush the grates of the grill with the oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Grill Chicken on Grill Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve and Enjoy Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Slice your chicken and enjoy.
Recommended Reading: What Are Chicken Nuggets Made Of
How To Make Ahead
- whisk the marinade together in an airtight container up to 5 days ahead of time and store in the refrigerator WITHOUT the chicken.
- Chicken: cooked grilled chicken makes fantastic meal prep or leftovers if not initially overcooked. If you are making the chicken specifically to reheat later then consider slightly under-cooking it because it will cook a little more when reheated.
Bbq Marinade Chicken Preparation Steps
Here are a few commonly asked questions about making this marinade and grilling the chicken.
If you have any additional questions make sure to leave us a comment below and we will do the best to answer you!
Dont Miss: Beef Ribs On Grill Recipe
Recommended Reading: Roast Chicken By Ina Garten
How To Make Balsamic Chicken Marinade
This balsamic chicken marinade is easy to whip up! Heres how:
- Pound chicken to an even thickness. Place chicken breasts in-between two pieces of plastic wrap or I like to place my chicken in a large freezer size bag. Pound the chicken to an even thickness using the flat side of a meat mallet, rolling pin or side of a can.
- Make marinade. Whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and seasonings together in a large plastic bag. Add chicken, push out excess air and turn to coat.
Ways To Cook With Marinated Chicken
The Best Chicken Marinade Ever – Easy Chicken Marinade
When youre ready to cook, youve got a few options. Baked chicken is my default method given how easy it is to just pop it in the oven for 20 minutes or so. But if you want that deliciously charred flavor, you can easily grill it. Either way, heres how to cook it both ways!
- Baked Chicken: Preheat your oven to 425°F . Then pour the chicken breasts and the marinade into a small baking dish . Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once the chicken is done, make sure to let it rest for a few minutes before slicing into it.
- Grilled Chicken: Preheat the grill to medium-heat and grill each side of the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes, or until its cooked through with the perfect set of grill marks.
Recommended Reading: Chicken Egg Colors By Breed
Mediterranean & Middle Eastern#
Heavily spiced marinades smell amaaaaazing when cooked on the BBQ!
Ingredients: lemongrass, garlic, lime, chilli, fish sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sesame, sugar, honey, pepperIdeal for: Skinless boneless chicken thighs are my first preference, followed by chicken breast.
Ingredients: garlic, fish sauce, oyster sauce, turmeric, fresh coriander/cilantro, sugar, pepperIdeal for: Bone in thighs, also skinless boneless chicken thighs and chicken breast.
Ingredients: garlic, ginger, chilli, lemongrass, coriander powder, tumeric, curry, sugar, fish sauce, coconut milkIdeal for: Skinless boneless chicken thighs are my first preference, followed by chicken breast. Can also use bone-in thigh.
Ingredients: yogurt, lemon, ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, tumeric, kashmiri, chilli powder, garam masala spice mix Ideal for: Bone in skin on chicken longer cook time required to get that gorgeous Tandoori crust.
Ingredients: garlic, soy sauce, hoisin, oyster sauce, honey, sugar, five spice powder, sesameIdeal for: Skinless boneless chicken thighs are my first preference, followed by chicken breast.
How Much Chicken Will This Recipe Make
This recipe will marinate 1 ½ pounds of chicken, however, it is easy to scale up or down to suite your needs. 4 oz. of chicken is the recommended single serving portion of chicken, but this varies depending on the individual and what sides are being served. I would say 6-8 ounces is closer to realistic.
Recommended Reading: How To Clean Weber Grill
You May Like: Large Chicken Coop For Sale
Our 15 Best Chicken Marinades
Carl Hanson is a Senior Editor at Allrecipes who has been writing about food and wine for nearly 20 years. He enjoys creating content that informs, entertains, and assists busy home cooks get nourishing meals on the table for their families.
When you marinate chicken, the meat is your blank canvas the marinade, your palette with which you paint on the deliciousness. And there are so many options! These 15 marinades boast exciting flavor combinations.
Jennifer says this olive oil and red wine vinegar chicken marinade is “simply the best chicken marinade for grilling or any occasion. It works wonderfully on top of a salad.”
Believe it. This apple cider vinegar and olive oil chicken marinade makes the most of cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, and brown sugar. “This unusual combination of common ingredients is fabulous,” says LETSGGGO.
Red wine vinegar and lemon juice add tang while tenderizing the chicken. Vegetable oil is the featured fat here, and soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, and parsley provide additional flavorings. Bev raves, “I loved this marinade. I used boneless chicken breasts and marinated them for about 4 hours. The flavor was excellent and the chicken was very moist and delicious.”
What Should I Marinate My Chicken In
When it comes time to actually marinating your poultry, pretty much any container large enough to house your chicken works! Here are our top 3 choices.
Read Also: Marie Callendars Chicken Pot Pie
How Long Do You Grill Chicken Breasts For
This is the biggest question that I get. It really does end up depending on how thick your chicken breasts are. If you flattened them, as discussed, theyre going to need about 4 minutes per side over direct medium-high heat . If your grill doesnt have a thermometer, heres how to find out what temperature its at.
After 4 minutes, you flip them over and do the other side for 4 minutes. This is going to get you nice parallel grill marks on your chicken. If you want crosshatched grill marks, after the first 2 minutes, turn the breasts 90 degrees and cook for 2 more minutes. Then flip and do the same thing on the other side, 2 minutes then turn, then 2 more minutes. But note that the crosshatched ones wont be as dark as the parallel ones. I therefore prefer to just do the 4 minutes per side without turning.
Honey Mustard Chicken Marinade
This classic flavor never fails when it comes to chicken. But instead of making a sauce , this sweet and punchy marinade is infused into the chicken, making each bite pretty darn irresistible.
How to serve: I love to eat slices of this chicken with a side of roasted veggies such as roasted Brussels sprouts or roasted broccoli. But it also makes a delicious addition to a salad tossed with a Dijon vinaigrette.
You May Like: Grilling Chicken Breast Bone In
Variations On Grilled Chicken Marinade:
- Try an Asian-inspired version of this marinade by using hoisin sauce in place of the ketchup, soy sauce instead of balsamic vinegar, and sesame oil as a substitute for the olive oil. Sprinkle the finished grilled chicken with sesame seeds before serving.
- Love Tex-Mex? Make your own south-of-the-border marinade by substituting ¼ cup of lime juice for the balsamic vinegar and bottled chili sauce for the ketchup. Add ½ teaspoon ground cumin and a pinch of dried chili flakes to the marinade if desired.
- If your family is a fan of spicy flavors you can add your favorite hot sauce to the marinade. Begin with a small amount, tasting as you go, until the marinade has just the right amount of kick to it.
Chicken Marinating And Grilling Tips
QUICK Dinner on the Gas Grill | Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts | Barlow BBQ
- Score meat before marinating: To help the marinade penetrate deeper, prick the surface of the chicken a few times with the tines of a fork.
- Slice breasts in half before marinating: slice and/or pound your chicken breasts into evenly thick pieces before marinating. That way theyll soak up all the delicious flavor from the marinade and theyll cook evenly.
- Flip and/or stir: Throughout the marinating process, be sure to flip the bag of chicken breasts on the other side or stir the breasts in the marinade. We dont want just one side of the chicken to get flavorful!
- Refrigerate: Make sure the marinated chicken is in the fridge while its marinating. Dont leave it out on the counter for any length of time as bacteria will spread quickly.
- Generously oil your grill grates. I do this by rolling up a few paper towels, drenching them in oil , and using tongs, rub the drenched paper towels along the grill grates. Doing this will contribute to a beautiful sear, and ensure the chicken doesnt stick to the grates.
- Baste the chicken: Before adding the chicken to the marinade, take out some of the mixture to brush over the chicken as it grills. This adds a TON of flavor for very little effort! That reserved marinade should be stored away from the raw chicken.
- Let the cooked chicken rest, tented with foil, for 5-10 minutes before slicing. This allows a redistribution of the juices inside the meat.
Not grilling the chicken?Check below for alternative cooking methods.
Recommended Reading: Papa Murphy’s Chicken Garlic